Chivie's Lookbook: Ankara Outfit Ideas

As a child, I hated Ankara. We used to call it 'native wear' and I felt poor and uncivilized whenever I wore it. Media had made me hate it, even though everyone around me wore it.
But I'm happy that childish mentality is gone and now I have a great love for Ankara fabric in all its styles, shapes and colors.

But what is Ankara?
Ankara is also known as Dutch prints, African Wax Prints, Holland Prints, Ankara prints is a popular fabric worn by many Africans. It is colorful with normally tribal-like motifs and patterns.



Ankara fabrics are made with an Indonesian dyeing technique known as batik.
The designs come in numerous shapes and colors. The diversity and beauty of Ankara is what makes it a valuable asset in your wardrobe.


It's no longer just our older mothers who wear Ankara. Now, every fashion forward person wants a piece of it and who could blame them?
Ankara is very versatile, meaning it can serve almost every fashion need you have.

Here are a few ways to rock your Ankara

Formal Wear.






The fabric can be used to make beautiful evening gowns









Trendy, everyday wear. The key to rocking every single ankara piece you get your hands on is having a good tailor with an eye for creativity. And you can always pick and design styles yourself.







There's no limit to what you can do with Ankara. Check out these outfits;













My plus-size babes completely slay this trend. Yasss queens!









The guys aren't left out either. Being the stylish, carefree King that you are, Ankara will make sure you're always one step ahead with your style game.










I completely adore this denim and Ankara combo





Ankara shorts are a must this summer. Why haven't you gotten one?





These ankara headwraps give me life





Ankara is for the whole family, so make your kids aren't left behind.






We're not stopping at just everyday clothing. Swimwear? Bikini? YES.






Ankara isn't limited to just clothes. Shoes and accessories can also be designed with Ankara.

Check out these shoes






These bags will make any outfit pop!




With Ankara jewelry like this, you will look and feel like royalty








I hope you liked my ideas!
Which of them was your favorite? Comment below.

Comments

Popular Posts